Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 1 ~ Killed my first deer =)

So, I was thinking all last night about what my first photo would be. At first I thought I will take a picture of myself in my work uniform, cause thats what I would be doing all day, working! Never in a million years did I think that at 4:55 a.m. I would have something better to take a picture of. Little background info first. I work 12 hours shift and have to be to work at 5am and don't get off til 5 pm. Kinda sucks but I get more days off this way. Well while on my way to work about 1/4 mile from my house I see a deer on the opposite side of the road, (I love deer, I think they are so cute) anyways I was like awwww a deer how sweet. Seconds later I was like OMG a deer on the hood of my car. It ran out in front of me. I was in complete shock at first. I hit it, but I guess not hard enough to make it die instantly. So I kept driving for a minute and then pulled over cause it took it that long to sink in that I just hit a deer. 

 had to use my camera phone so it            isn't the best pic!!

So, the car only got a little dinged up and there was deer hair all over the hood but no blood, so I didn't think I killed it. Well at 5:15 pm on my way home I saw the little thing DEAD. Being that I am 7 months pregnant and all it made me even more sad that I killed it and I started to cry.
         So my picture of the day is Bambi's mom, I killed her.Weapon of choice: 2001 Ford Taurus. 

5 comments:

  1. ahaha! i hope your car is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just some minor dents and the grill was smashed but still able to drive it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha! Sorry, I had to laguh. But poor deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know... I laughed afterwards... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad hit a deer in our twelve passenger van. He barely felt it. Poor deer.

    ReplyDelete